Re: [e4-dev] Prioritized bug list for shipping, process for updating it...

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Tom Schindl
<tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes but the problem that the background is not changing is not the
> biggest problem. The real one is that the editor is not restoring the
> cursor location.

The background colour not changing is a symptom of the activation
problem. Because the editor will never activate when you click on its
tab, you are _forced_ to click inside the editor directly which causes
you to lose the cursor position as you noted.

> I'm not sure but too me 320142 is in contrast to 319799 which was closed
> as a dup.

Yes, the two are different problems.

Bug 320142 is an activation problem where clicking an editor's tab
will never activate the editor, that is, the problem described above.

Bug 319799, which is a duplicate of bug 308700, is a different issue
where just a change in tab selection causes an activation of that part
stack. This causes problems where closing the active editor with
Ctrl+W will inadvertently cause the "next" editor to be activated even
if your keyboard focus was on a view before you hit Ctrl+W.

Anyway, we can continue the discussion on the individual bugs if you wish.

Regards,
Remy

Back to the top