Re: [e4-dev] Results of using 4.0 SDK on a Mac

Thanks for the quick reply.  It is nice to see the wiki addressing a
lot of the issues.

>> The e4 file types such as xmi do not open the
>> specialized editors I saw when trying previous versions of e4.
>
> You'll need to install the EMF SDK and Tom's and/or Yves's editor if you
> don't want to use Notepad like me.

What is the plan for release - is EMF going to be included?  It seems
to me that if you want to push developers to use the new declarative
UI stuff then including everything to get the tooling working is
necessary.

>> Coolbar parts don't resize.
>
> Coolbar parts?

Sorry for phrasing this poorly.  In the coolbar there are vertical
lines that you can drag to resize the individual toolbars within the
coolbar.  The resizing functionality isn't working.

> Please feel free to open bugs as you see them. :)

Thanks, it is nice to see the list of problems all on one page.  The
possibility of fixing it within two months seems a lot more plausible
now.

-Phil

Back to the top