[e4-dev] Results of using 4.0 SDK on a Mac

I am running 10.6.3 on a core duo 1 (so 32 bits) and tried the cocoa
release.  I have not tried any other platforms so I can't compare
experiences.

I am a bit worried about a July ship date on this.  Really it looks
like a tech demo more than a product at this point.

Some of the toolbar icons are not showing up: New, Debug, and Run to
name a few.  Perspectives cannot be closed and the drop down menu
items don't function.  The e4 file types such as xmi do not open the
specialized editors I saw when trying previous versions of e4.
Coolbar parts don't resize.  The perspectives are butting up right
next to the coolbar (maybe this is intentional).  When I tried the
newest integration build (I20100526-2303) things were worse and now
nothing shows up under package explorer and the file that was open now
displays no content.  The new menu (from the menu bar) has no subitems
and I saw a couple NullPointerExceptions but I can't remember how to
reproduce them.

This was after a quick tour of the application, I didn't use it for
more than 5 minutes because so many basic parts were broken.  Is this
a known state or would it be helpful if I sat down and filed a bunch
of bugs?

Thanks for all the hard work getting e4 to where it is at today.
-Phil

Back to the top