Re: [e4-dev] TM and XWT

Hello,

I am new to this list and follow it because I want to switch
applications I maintain as soon as possible to a more customizeable UI
technology (means mprovide skins via css and such...).

> "I think you should understand why XWT cannot be on top of TM."
>
> How about build XWT on top of EMF? Maybe I should see some XWT sources.
> Adding a extra EMF layer may be not necessary for directly manipulating SWT.
> But this make your two team could joint your effect, And it make some
> high-level EMF manipulatings possible.
> Jin

My concern about the which-ontop-what discussion is the involved
learning curve. I have "graduated" (as was stated in this thread
before) developers to EMF so far, and that took quite some time and
pain for them to get into it.

If you layer XWT on EMF, so in my understanding a "newbie" would need
to learn both to be able to even start developing. Please consider
learning-curves a serious issue in architecturing a new UI technology.
The technology should be allow it to be digested in small portions,
and still keep the developers productive (also good for the motivation
of the developers). Seperating design/coding by XAML-like approaches
seems to make things easier. Stacking technologies requires even more
knowledge....

Regards,
Jürgen

Back to the top