Re: [e4-dev] Adding commands to e4 menus using extension point

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Patrick Paulin<patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm creating my first e4 app, and I'd like to add a standard Eclipse IDE
> command (e.g. org.eclipse.ui.file.exit) by using the org.eclipse.ui.menus
> extension point. Is this something that is not yet supported?
>
> I know I can modify the Application.xmi file to add commands, but I wanted
> to do things declaratively. If I'm getting ahead of the development effort
> here, just let me know.

This is something that's only supported using the compatibility layer
... but that will drag in the entire legacy workbench (ui,
ui.workbench, ui.ide, etc).

It is as you say ... it's ahead of what we've included in pure e4.  We
do plan to support a number of the standard declarative extension
points in pure e4 apps (org.eclipse.ui.commands being one of them :-)
but we're just not there yet.  We've had to focus on Galileo SR1 and
3.6M2 first.

Later,
PW

--