Re: [e4-dev] Customizable toolbar ?

How do you handle drag'n drop? That usually requires special treatment.

But I agree: once the lexical drag'n drop is translated to a semantic action on the UI model, the rest is easy (rendering the UI model).

Hallvard

Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi Martin,

I don't see a problem from the modeling point of view because
toolbar-items are part of the workbench-model and you simply have to
adjust the toolitem-order in the EMF-Model (which in future will be
reflected in the UI).

The question and exercise is how to store/restore such informations
(e.g. has a user different configurations - so we would have to model
something like an MProfile) which is exercised by the renderer to find
the appropriate filter/order-settings.

Tom

Oberhuber, Martin schrieb:
Hi all,
I was just wondering whether the e4 efforts (particularly model
workbench) would also help making the toolbar more easily customizable?
I know that 3.5m6 has greatly improved customization of perspectives by
allowing to hide toolbar items and menu items with fine granularity (not
just actionsets). But what I'm really looking for is some drag-and-drop
style toolbar customization like some office projects support it (e.g.
M'soft ones).
Would that be simplified by modeled workbench? Cheers,
--
*Martin Oberhuber*, Senior Member of Technical Staff, *Wind River*
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm