[e4-dev] AJAX-based Eclipse Project Explorer

I was pointed to the e4 project by Chris Aniszczyk as a response to a blog post I wrote about an AJAX-based Project Explorer (APE) for eclipse:

http://www.christophdorn.com/Blog/2009/01/16/a-case-for-an-ajax-based-eclipse-project-explorer/

(assuming you have skimmed the post)

Is this something that could fit with the e4 project?

I am interested in championing the APE as an overall concept and can contribute all code from the _javascript_ side of things. I have very little eclipse development experience (I do have 4+ years of java in my past) having only toyed with a simple plugin a while back. My preference would be to stay out of the Java aspects as much as possible.

I have never contributed to eclipse before, nor participated in any eclipse proposal and am utterly unfamiliar with the processes.

If you think this idea has legs and are interested in supporting it to any extent, please let me know.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Back to the top