From: Alessandro Mottadelli <amottadelli@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009-01-16 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Jeff McAffer ha scritto:
> People who use Require-Bundle are doing so at risk of having to change
> their manifests later if packages move.  We had all manner of
> "facading" going on in the 3.0 timeframe because Require-Bundle is all
> you had before then.  That was 5 years ago.  Would be great if we got
> with the program and started supporting/using Import-Package more.

A lot of people is still using Require-Bundle. It is simpler.
IMHO to make Import-Package more popular, a better eclipse support could
be useful..... for example eclipse could convert from Require-Bundle to
Import-Package and viceversa automatically on request.... or
auto-maintain the list of imported packages with minimal user
intervention....

Regards,
Sandro