Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Jeff McAffer ha scritto:
People who use Require-Bundle are doing so at risk of having to change their manifests later if packages move. We had all manner of "facading" going on in the 3.0 timeframe because Require-Bundle is all you had before then. That was 5 years ago. Would be great if we got with the program and started supporting/using Import-Package more.

A lot of people is still using Require-Bundle. It is simpler.
IMHO to make Import-Package more popular, a better eclipse support could be useful..... for example eclipse could convert from Require-Bundle to Import-Package and viceversa automatically on request.... or auto-maintain the list of imported packages with minimal user intervention....

Regards,
Sandro

Back to the top