Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Boris Bokowski schrieb:
> Ed Merks wrote on 01/14/2009 09:55:27 AM:
>
>> This question drives at a key point: evolution.  Even if we start
>> with the best of intentions based on the best of designs---I do
>> believe that package dependencies are finer grained and more
>> flexible---as things evolve, they tend to get messed up again.  E.
>> g., even if we have package dependencies, there's no stopping
>> clients from having bundle dependencies instead, so moving a package
>> from one bundle to another bundle on which clients don't already
>> have a direct dependency will be a breaking change.
>
> Yes, whenever you move packages between bundles, the original bundle has
> to Require-Bundle the new one and re-export it.

But this is not needed if I use Import-Package because then OSGi handles
this for me or am I completely mistaken?

Tom

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top