Re: [e4-dev] Demo?

Hi David,

I agree with everything you said and am glad people are thinking about this.  As you say, it's extremely important.

My plan today is to send out a note on the status of the CSS work.  I've been heads-down on this to get it into the form that others can start to get involved.  I think that's now true.

What I'd like to see at this point across e4 is that people start picking up the work to see what can be done with it.  I'm thinking back to Kai's CSS demo - it was a real boost to see someone else use it for a problem they were trying to solve.  So aside from this being a healthy validation of the work and a force to shape it with real requirements, it's also a great way to build community and interest.

To that end, I would *love* is a community organized demo of any of the e4 work, maybe shown at a BOF at EclipseCon.  This is best if driven from people who aren't the main committers on the technology.

I'm going to escape soon for the holidays and then plan on getting more "vocal" in January.

Regards,
Kevin

"David Orme" <djo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx