[e4-dev] CSS project set files, and status

Hi folks,

Here is a project set file for pulling in the e4 CSS work. If you want the junit test as well then add in the middle somewhere:

<project reference="1.0,:pserver:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse,e4/org.eclipse.e4.ui/tests/org.eclipse.e4.ui.tests.css.swt,org.eclipse.e4.ui.tests.css.swt"/>

Here's what's known to be working, based on junit tests.  When I say "x for Labels" works, it's almost certainly works for other widgets as well, but it's not yet been verified.  It's also possible (probable, actually) that other things work too.
  • Selection rules based on SWT class, CSS class, and CSS id
  • Background color for Labels
  • Text color for Labels
  • Font name and size for Labels
  • CTabFolder foreground/background colors, font
  • CTabFolder:selected pseudoclass

As I write there are 17 junit tests with 1 known failure in testMediaRule.  There are still many methods that haven't been implemented, or only partially implemented.  Look for
                // TODO There are more cases to catch of getLexicalUnitType()
                throw new UnsupportedOperationException("NOT YET IMPLEMENTED");

Thanks to Angelo Zerr for the original code and Ralf Sternberg for helping out with things like junit tests and answering all my pesky emails on SAC, DOM, etc.

I believe at this point we have enough working to integrate with the Photo demo.

Things you can do to help:
  1. We need more junit tests so we know what works and what doesn't.  At this stage of development we're fine with having junit tests that fail because of missing areas of the implementation or bugs (ie. the current goal is to identify problems, not to pass the test run).
  2. Write some examples.
  3. Do an eclemma pass to find out what our current test coverage is, publish it to this list to guide junit test writing.
  4. Look for TODO's and thrown UnsupportedOperationException to see where to start writing code.

We have no documentation yet, but in a pinch you can look at the TK-UI CSS doc at http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/user-guide/cssengine.html, which should still be mostly true.

Happy holidays to all,
Kevin