RE: [e4-dev] Project naming convention for junit test projects?

Martin Oberhuber wrote on 12/09/2008 08:20:31 PM:
> Tests in a fragment have the advantage that if they reproduce the
> package structure, they can access package-private members; though
> I'm not sure to what extent Eclipse uses package-private access
> control (I can't relly remember seeing it myself anywhere).

Both SWT and JFace are using package-private members, and I'm sure this is not the only place they are used. Unless it complicates the build story, I would be in favour of making the test projects fragments.

> Personally, I'm more in favor of keeping the "org.eclipse.*" reverse
> domain notation, such that test bundles/fragments are "close to" the
> bundle being tested (I do think that these will often be used /
> developed in parallel).

+1

> Summing up, I'm in favor of Kevin's / John's second suggestion: org.
> eclipse.e4.ui.tests.* / org.eclipse.e4.core.tests.* etc.

Me too.

Boris

Back to the top