Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UIs and EMF

Olivier,

GEF is mainly used for creating editors but its EditParts are well designed controllers in the MVC paradigm. I used editparts instead of writing my owns. The mechanism of creation and removal of editparts
> (and subsequent Views) is also a good advantage.

I understand and see the advantage. Nevertheless, I think that dependency may be considered a weakness, but I also believe it should be possible to design around it (although it may require some complex coding).

Regarding JavaSE-1.6 it is absolutely not a required constraint.

Good!

I am currently doing 2 things :
* moving my SVN content on a public place (work in progress), then you could directly access to source :-) * moving every Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment from 1.6 to 1.5 (and rebuilding the update site)

Great! I hope you make it before ESE.

Hallvard

Back to the top