Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UIs and EMF

Olivier Moïses wrote:

Regarding GEF :

I use GEF because it provides a clean way to add MVC mechanism to EMF & graphical widgets. To be short, I use only few classes of GEF :
> AbstractEditPart, AbstractViewer, ...

I understand that GEF may be useful in an editor, but it must also be possible to build a pure SWT (or whatever toolkit is used).

Regarding the failure of your installation attempt:
Could you please, tell me which platform are you working on.

I looked at the plugins and they seem to require Java 1.6, which I don't/cannot use: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6 Could it be this that prevents them from being run (all the dependencies seem to be satisfied)? Is this really a strict requirement or just the default you're using?

Hallvard

Back to the top