[dtp-dev] Refactoring DDL generation wizard to support new feature

I will be delivering code next week to restore the WTP capability to execute the DDL generated by the DDL Generation wizard against a database.  This functionality creates a dependency on the Results view in sqltools so the plug-ins for this feature will need to be moved from the connectivity sub-project to the sqltools sub-project.  I will do the change in several incremental steps as follows:
  1. Move the existing plug-ins(org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui.actions and org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui ) to a new sqltools feature called "org.eclipse.datatools.sqldevtools.ddlgen.feature".
  2. Deliver the changes to support the execution of the generated DDL.
  3. Refactor the actions code (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui.actions plug-in) into the main plug-in (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui) resulting in a single plug-in.
  4. Move the plug-in to the sqltools namespace and cvs directory.  The plug-in will be called "org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.ddlgen.ui" and will be located at /HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools/plugins/.

If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.  I will begin making the changes on Monday (January 7th, 2008.)

Larry Dunnell
DB2 Tooling, RAD Data Tools and Eclipse Data Tools Project (DTP)
IBM DB2 Information Management Software

Back to the top