Re: [dtp-dev] Refactoring DDL generation wizard to support new feature

Larry,

This sound fine. When ready, I'll create the new feature definition
described below and integrate it into the DTP 1.6 build. The only thing to
watch out for is that these plug-ins are used by the table wizard in SQL
Dev tools, so we'll need to refactor that as well when the switch is made.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://osmusings.blogspot.com/
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             Lawrence E
             Dunnell
             <ledunnel@xxxxxx.                                          To
             com>                      dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             dtp-dev-bounces@e
             clipse.org                                            Subject
                                       [dtp-dev] Refactoring DDL
                                       generation wizard to support new
             01/03/2008 02:14          feature
             PM

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

I will be delivering code next week to restore the WTP capability to
execute the DDL generated by the DDL Generation wizard against a database.
This functionality creates a dependency on the Results view in sqltools so
the plug-ins for this feature will need to be moved from the connectivity
sub-project to the sqltools sub-project.  I will do the change in several
incremental steps as follows:
   1. Move the existing
      plug-ins(org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui.actions and
      org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui ) to a new sqltools
      feature called "org.eclipse.datatools.sqldevtools.ddlgen.feature".
   2. Deliver the changes to support the execution of the generated DDL.
   3. Refactor the actions code
      (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui.actions plug-in) into
      the main plug-in (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.fe.ui)
      resulting in a single plug-in.
   4. Move the plug-in to the sqltools namespace and cvs directory.  The
      plug-in will be called "org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.ddlgen.ui" and
      will be located at /HEAD/org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools/plugins/.

If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.  I will begin making the
changes on Monday (January 7th, 2008.)

Larry Dunnell
DB2 Tooling, RAD Data Tools and Eclipse Data Tools Project (DTP)
IBM DB2 Information Management Software