[dtp-dev] db.generic Plug-in Refactoring

Hey all,

I've reversed the dependencies between generic.db and sqm.  As part of this
effort, I moved IDBDriverDefinitionConstants back into db.generic.  I
updated the root of the property keys, so you will need to regenerate any
existing profiles/driver definitions.  (If you like, you can export your
profiles prior to updating, replace the occurrences of sqm.core with db,
then import them into an updated workspace.  You can also update the driver
definitions file in the workspace in the same manner prior to updating.)

I've also broken the ui specific components in db.generic into a new
plug-in, db.generic.ui.  You will need to check this project out into your
workspace if you wish to create or edit DB connection profiles (that's
where the new wizard and property pages are now located).

These changes treat sqm related functionality as an enhancement to basic
JDBC functionality (which is all the generic.db plug-in provides).  It also
breaks out UI related functionality so the core can be used in a runtime
environment if necessary (e.g. BIRT).

Please let me know if you have any problems with the changes.

Regards,
Rob

Back to the top