Re: [dtp-connect-dev] Connectivity API review

>         As to the API: "IManagedConnection
> getManagedConnection(String type)" defined in IConnectionProfile, do
> we need an additional parameter "String databaseName"? Since a
> connection profile points to a server instead of a specific database.

Hui,

The connection profile is designed to contain all information required to
create a connection.  It was not designed to accept supplemental
information when creating connections.

If you have a specific requirement for accessing a particular database on
the server, I think this should be handled by the interfaces/model used for
accessing database objects (i.e. the CnnectionInfo interface or the base
SQL model).

Regards,
Rob

Back to the top