[dtp-connect-dev] ConnectionInfo Vs. IConnectionProfile

Hi,
        I'm a SQL Dev Tools committer. Here I have a question about the ConnectionInfo class.
        I found ConnectionInfo is used all over in RDB and there are some similarities bewteen it and the new IConnectionProfile. Also I think some of the methods defined in ConnectionInfo is interesting to SQL Dev Tools, such as:

/**
         * @return the database definition associated to this connection info
         */
        public DatabaseDefinition getDatabaseDefinition();

        /**
         * Share a connection. If there is a shared connection already, an IllegalStateException will be thrown.
         * If the function succeeds, notification will be sent out to all registered listeners
         * @param connection a live JDBC connection
         */
        public void setSharedConnection(Connection connection);

        /**
         * Retrive the shared connection.
         * @return if no shared connection set, return null.
         */
        public Connection getSharedConnection();
        /**
         * Share a database associated to this connection info. If there is a shared database already,
         * an IllegalStateException will be thrown.
         * If the function succeeds, notification will be sent out to all registered listeners
         * @param database
         */
        public void setSharedDatabase(Database database);

        /**
         * retrieve the shared database
         * @return if no shared databsae set, return null
         */
        public Database getSharedDatabase();

etc.
        My question is: what's the your plan regarding to this ConnectionInfo object? Will you discard it? or refactor it? and when? Thanks!

Best Regards!

Hui Cao

Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China