Re: [dtp-connect-dev] ConnectionInfo Vs. IConnectionProfile

The ConnectionInfo interface is the means to access the SQL Model functionality of a JDBC connection.  There will undoubtedly be slight changes to the interface early on in DTP development, however, there is no plan to eliminate this interface.

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-connect-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/12/2005 03:51 AM

Please respond to
DTP Connectivity project development list

dtp-connect-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-connect-dev] ConnectionInfo Vs. IConnectionProfile

Hi,

       I'm a SQL Dev Tools committer. Here I have a question about the ConnectionInfo class.

       I found ConnectionInfo is used all over in RDB and there are some similarities bewteen it and the new IConnectionProfile. Also I think some of the methods defined in ConnectionInfo is interesting to SQL Dev Tools, such as:

/**

        * @return the database definition associated to this connection info

        */

       public DatabaseDefinition getDatabaseDefinition();

       /**

        * Share a connection. If there is a shared connection already, an IllegalStateException will be thrown.

        * If the function succeeds, notification will be sent out to all registered listeners

        * @param connection a live JDBC connection

        */

       public void setSharedConnection(Connection connection);

       /**

        * Retrive the shared connection.

        * @return if no shared connection set, return null.

        */

       public Connection getSharedConnection();

       /**

        * Share a database associated to this connection info. If there is a shared database already,

        * an IllegalStateException will be thrown.

        * If the function succeeds, notification will be sent out to all registered listeners

        * @param database

        */

       public void setSharedDatabase(Database database);

       /**

        * retrieve the shared database

        * @return if no shared databsae set, return null

        */

       public Database getSharedDatabase();

etc.

       My question is: what's the your plan regarding to this ConnectionInfo object? Will you discard it? or refactor it? and when? Thanks!

Best Regards!

Hui Cao

Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China