[dsdp-tm-dev] Mutex waitForLock() updates the progress monitor

When I call some of the public method from SftpFileService and provide an IProgressMonitor, waitForLock() might be called on the fDirChannelMutex (instance of org.eclipse.rse.services.Mutex).

If the lock is busy, every second 1 unit of work is applied to the progress monitor. It looks like progress is being made on my main task, but after 5 units of work (in my case reaching 100% completion), the operation might fail with a SystemLockTimeoutException.

Is this the intended behavior? It forces the user of the API to create a new progress monitor for those tasks using SftpFileService. I expected that I could just provide my top-level progress monitor to allow for cancellation of the whole task during waitForLock().

Thanks,
Patrick

Back to the top