[dsdp-tm-dev] Problems With rseserver on FreeBSD

Hello All,

I'm a bit of a newbie with Eclipse in general and RSE specifically. I'm trying to get remote C/C++ development working with dstore. I've been pretty successful so far doing this with a Linux system, but I also do some development on FreeBSD and there's the difficulty.

I've been able to get the connection to Linux working without any issues, but seemingly been having issues with rseserver on FreeBSD. Any suggestion on how to fix or debug this would be helpful.

I've set java on both the Linux system and FreeBSD system to be as verbose as I know how. The flow on both systems is mirrored all the way to the following point:

[Loaded java.lang.Process from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.UNIXProcess from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.UNIXProcess.initIDs ... JNI]
[Loaded java.lang.UNIXProcess$Gate from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/ rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.UNIXProcess$1 from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1 from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/ rt.jar] [Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec ... JNI] [Loaded java.lang.UNIXProcess$1$1$1 from /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/ rt.jar] [Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.UNIXProcess.waitForProcessExit ... JNI]

Unfortunately, behavior diverges at that point. On the Linux system I see "Launched new server on 10000". On the FreeBSD system, the following shows:

[Dynamic-linking native method java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0 ... JNI] [Dynamic-linking native method java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketClose0 ... JNI] [Dynamic-linking native method java.lang.UNIXProcess.destroyProcess ... JNI]
[Dynamic-linking native method java.io.FileOutputStream.close0 ... JNI]

My assumption is that whatever code was launched with the forkAndExec a few lines up immediately died so the waitForProcessExit happens immediately. However, I'm not Java savvy enough to root cause it to that as opposed to some issue with waitForProcessExit.

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be helpful. Assundry version info:

rseserver: both 1.0 and N20090319 for UNIX
eclipse: 3.4.2 for MacOS
java: 1.6.0_03-p4, 1.6.0_07 and 1.5.0_16-p9

Thanks,

Ryan

Back to the top