RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Do we still need J2SE 1.4 constraint?

Hi Johnson,

we definitely want to remain on J2SE-1.4 for Ganymede.
There is currently no compelling reason to require 1.5 -- this might be
revisited for next year's release.

The warning occurs in a development environment only, and tells
you that when you write new code and don't have 1.4 it might
happen by accident that you write code which would not run
on 1.4.

Just install an 1.4 JVM somewhere and use Prefernces > Java
> Execution Environments to let Eclipse know where it is.

Note that Eclipse just needs the 1.4 class libraries at development
time. You can still run or debug RSE with 1.5, 1.6 or any other
newer version.

HTH,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm