[dsdp-tm-dev] Your checkin on UniversalSearchHandler v1.8

Hi Dave / Xuan,

yesterday you checked in this:

dstore - search using canonical path
UniversalSearchHandler v1.8

There is no bugzilla id attached, and no comment in the
code. Can you explain why you think a canonical path is
needed?

I think that using a canonical path in this place
can be problematic. Assume that user has been searching
from root /home/symlink/foo... recursively and this
resolves to /bar/foo... would we really want to see the
resolved canonical path? I'd assume that user would be
more interested in the path as he has been searching.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top