[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Your checkin on UniversalSearchHandler v1.8

I checked it in without a bug because I just wanted to communicate a change back to Xuan.   Apparently there is some other problem that needs investigation with search so we''ll need to deal with this more formally anyway.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

04/01/2008 05:49 AM

David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Xuan Chen/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Your checkin on UniversalSearchHandler v1.8

Hi Dave / Xuan,

yesterday you checked in this:

dstore - search using canonical path
UniversalSearchHandler v1.8

There is no bugzilla id attached, and no comment in the
code. Can you explain why you think a canonical path is
needed?

I think that using a canonical path in this place
can be problematic. Assume that user has been searching
from root /home/symlink/foo... recursively and this
resolves to /bar/foo... would we really want to see the
resolved canonical path? I'd assume that user would be
more interested in the path as he has been searching.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top