Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] HOWTO: RSE dstore connection through ssh tunnel

Hi,

   +-From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> --
   |_Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:11:14 +0200 _______________________

   |I'd like to share with you how an RSE dstore connection can be set
   |up to a remote host behind a firewall, when no root access is
   |available on the remote host. I've tried this scenario by making
   |a connection to build.eclipse.org, and it works fine.
   |For the future, it would be nice if RSE would not ask for username
   |and password (its not used by the "Running Server" connector; this
   |is bug 142471); and it would be nice if the ssh tunnel could be
   |created from the UI as part of the server launcher settings, such
   |that no command-line access is needed.

By using jsch, which has been already used in RSE, you can establish
the ssh tunnel in pure java.  JSch will allow you to enjoy the local
TCP port forwarding and 'I/O streams forwarding'. I/O streams forwarding
means that you can get I/O streams which is connecting to the TCP
port 27127 on the remote host.

Sincerely,
--
Atsuhiko Yamanaka