RE: [dsdp-mtj-dev] Re: [Eclipseme-users] My Baby is All Grown Up...

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 09:55 -0400, Paula Gustavo-WGP010 wrote:
> Hi russel,
>
> The "Mobile Tools for Java" -> "Convert to Midlet Project"  only works
> for java projects, not for eclipseME projects. So you can't use it to
> convert eclipseme projects to mtj. There is a bug already opened to do
> that.

In which case can I suggest that the menu item should not be available
for an EclipseME project.  Since the type of the project is known, the
menu generation code can "grey out" the entry so it cannot be selected.

> In order to convert the eclipseme projects to mtj, you should use:
> "File->Import->JavaME->EclipseME Project". There just select your
> "old" repository with eclipseME projects and then all projects will be
> automatically converted. MTJ help details how to use it: "Java ME
> Development User Guide > Reference > Wizards > Import EclipseME
> Projects "

OK, good for others to know, even though it is too late for me :-)

> If you have some issue please let us know.

BTW -- shameless plug:  If anyone finds themselves in need of a trainer
for Java ME then I'm available!  And I promise to promote Eclipse/MTJ
over NetBeans/Mobility :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077