Re: [Dltk-dev] Extending the DLTK/JavaScript parser/model

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Andreas Pakulat <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07.06.12 10:26:40, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 07.06.12 09:19:34, Johan Compagner wrote:
>> > Like alex already told you, that is perfectly doable in DLTK
>> > we use it all over the place, because we have many many files on different
>> > scopes (so forms.xxxx reference in 1 file is pointing to an xxxxx.js file
>> > some where) or  on the same scope
>> > this can all be done by IMemberEvaluator
>> > with IValueCollection getTopValueCollection(ITypeInfoContext context) you
>> > can return the complete top value collection (so all the files combined on
>> > the same scope)
>> > and with IValueCollection valueOf(ITypeInfoContext context, Element
>> > member); you can tell dltk that for this element (like my forms.xxxxx
>> > above) that this element is really another file.
>> >
>> > See ValueCollectionFactory to create and merge IValueCollection objects.
>>
>> Thanks for the hints - also to Alex. I actually tried to do that
>> already, but got stuck at some point. I can't remember the exact details
>> right now, but will retry that and come back with more concrete
>> problems.
>
> Indeed this works just fine, no idea what I did wrong in my last
> attempt.
>
> That leads me to the next question: Is there a way to modify the
> top-value-collection of a script file when resolving a function in that
> same script file? In our setup we have two functions 'source' and
> 'findFile' which are used to find other script files and source them
> (i.e. run their content through eval(). It would be great if I could
> somehow access the parameters given to these function calls inside the
> script file and add the top-value-collection of the sourced script files
> to the on in this script file.
>
> Right now the code just adds all possibly-used script file collections,
> but it would be nice if code-completion and warnings would help users
> detect that a source(findFile()) line is missing.
>
> The examples in the tests unfortunately always only add some static
> content and they're using static properties in the script to trigger the
> inclusion...

As I understand you want something like #include.
That's theoretically possible, but it was not required yet by the DLTK
developers, so I don't think if the corresponding APIs are exposed at
the moment.
I don't want to change 4.0 at this point, so let's return to this
question after we are done with it.

Regards,
Alex