[Dltk-dev] Extending the DLTK/JavaScript parser/model

Hi,

we've recently switched our IDE to use DLTK 3.0 for the next release and
stumbled over a behavioural change in DLTK/JS for the parsing process.
The previous version we used was DLTK 1.0 and there the parser and model
parsed all of a projects .js files and was able to reference functions
across files without a problem.

With DLTK 3.0 all functions defined outside of the current file are
highlighted as a warning because the parser/model doesn't seem to find
the definition.

I've been trying to leverage the interfaces in the
org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core.typeinfo extension point to supply the
necessary information. But I'm a bit lost between the EMF-generated
model API and what the DLTK basic model is and especially converting
from one to another.

I've been able to avoid the warnings by implementing a IElementResolver
and returning a Method object from the typeinfo.model package, but this
doesn't have references to the actual resource and hence things like
Open Declaration don't work.

Any suggestions which interface I really do need to implement and how to
provide the necessary information to the callers based on the IResource
for the file in which the function is defined?

Andreas

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing

Back to the top