[Dltk-dev] I want to avoid reparsing by the AbstractASTFoldingStructureProvider...

Hi all,

Is there a good reason (I am sure there is but I did not get it) why
the AbstractASTFoldingStructureProvider is forcing a reparse of the
document? (The document has just been parsed a moment ago and saved
into the cache.) With the current implementation I have to to this
(the ugly way) to stop the reparsing:

	@Override
	protected CodeBlock[] getCodeBlocks(String code, int offset) {
		ModuleDeclaration decl = null;
		IModelElement element = fMyEditor.getInputModelElement();
		if (element instanceof ISourceModule) {
			decl = SourceParserUtil.getModuleDeclaration((ISourceModule)element);
		}
		return buildCodeBlocks(decl, offset);
	}

where fMyEditor is another field just like the fEditor in
AbstractASTFoldingStructureProvider  which unfortunatelly is private
and has no getter method.

Am I doing something wrong in my implementation? If not, could you
please either:
1. create a getter for the fEditor field in the
AbstractASTFoldingStructureProvider class
or
2. make the fEditor field protected
or.
3. (My preferred solution) make the getInputElement method protected.

Although, I would combine 3 + (1 or 2)

Regards,
Gabriel

--