[Dltk-dev] Teaching the Script Editors

Hi,

I'm successfully using DLTK 0.95 in my RCP application (based on Eclipse 3.4). In particular, I'm using the JavaScript, Python and Tcl modules and they look very nice. Thanks a lot to you people! :-)

However, I'm trying to augment the editors a bit. In my application, people can create scripts in either of the three languages. What I'd like to provide is auto-completion for certain preconfigured objects. For instance, the user might create a JavaScript script which runs in a web browser. In that case, I'd like to be able to auto-complete certain properties of the 'window' object. So before the editing starts, I'd like to "teach" the editor about this.

I noticed that it works quite well if I (manually, for testing purposes) insert a variable declaration (in JavaScript, in this case) at the start, like

var window {
 location: { href: "" },
 foo: ..,
 bar: ..,
};

After typing that, the editor (the 'conciler'?) knows about the properties so I can nicely type window.<Ctrl+Space> and see the three properties. Does anybody know how I can do this automatically, from Java? Is there maybe some function to evaluate some given script code in the current editor?

--
Frerich Raabe - raabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing

Back to the top