RE: [Dltk-dev] AST Discussion

That is the intent, hopefully it's possible. Do you use AST now?

Thanks
Mark

From: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerald Rosenberg
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:24 PM
To: DLTK Developer Discussions
Subject: Re: [Dltk-dev] AST Discussion

Is the intent to generalize the AST structure enough to handle a 'language' such as Antlr?

Formally, an Antlr module is composed of a grammar statement, globally scoped attributes, rules, and rule scoped attributes.  While not exact, in general an attribute can be treated as an _expression_ and a rule as a statement.  The requirements for rewriting (refactoring?) and formatting will be different from classical expressions and statements, but hopefully within the scope of the new DLTK abstractions.

Happy to help flush out the requirements.

Best,
Gerald