Re: [Dltk-dev] Source parser not being invoked

At 06:36 AM 3/28/2008, Andrei Sobolev wrote:
Hi Gerald,

Please could you check what in nature declaration, id attribute are
added to plugin name. So for example if plugin name are
"org.eclipse.dltk.core" and defined nature with id "nature", real id
will be "org.eclipse.dltk.core.nature".

To debug what specified class are found you could set breakpoints to:
org.eclipse.dltk.core.DLTKLanguageManager class for methods
getSourceParser(), getSourceElementParser().

Thanks, Andrey and Andrei.

Turns out it was a nature problem, but not revealed as far as I could find in any code that was executing.

The problem was that in the core plugin.xml, the nature extension point was specified as

<extension
         id= " net.certiv.antlrdt.stg.core. nature"
         name= "Stg Nature"
         point= "org.eclipse.core.resources.natures" >

(where PLUGIN_ID = "net.certiv.antlrdt.stg.core" ;) instead of

<extension
         id= "nature"
         name= "Stg Nature"
         point= "org.eclipse.core.resources.natures" >

Now, the interesting detail is that the problem only showed up when I added a second editor with a core plugin having the same *form* of bad nature id.  Apparently, both UI plugins were defaulting to finding and using just one of the core plugins -- how they chose which one to call, I don't know -- they had different and wrong core nature ids.  No error messages, no complaints, just the orphan core was never called.

Back to the top