Re: [dash-dev] Fwd: Re: Git repo for m4e tools

On 03/17/2011 03:30 PM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
> Am 17.03.2011 19:14, schrieb Wayne Beaton:
>> We have a git directory on dev.eclipse.org:/gitroot/dash
>>
>> Aaron, make sure that your Git committer id is the email address that
>> you intend to use as an Eclipse committer.
> Thanks a lot. A couple of questions and comments:
>
> 1. Does the repo already exist? I can't find it on http://git.eclipse.org/c/
The repo needs to be created. Webmaster has basically given us
space/access to keep any number of repos.
> 2. The list of repos on http://git.eclipse.org/c/ is pretty short. Is
> that really all of the GIT repos that exist? IIRC, the list was much
> longer in the past.

Can't say. Don't know. But I can look into it.
> 3. I can't map "committer id" to "email address" in my simple brain :-)
> My email address is "digulla@xxxxxxxx" but I can't use "ssh
> digulla@xxxxxxxx@git.eclipse.org".

Sorry... overloaded terms can get confusing. Set the git user/email
field to either your Eclipse committer id (which will probably be
something adigulla) or the email address that you're going to associate
with your Eclipse committer account once that's created. I believe that
the convention in Git is to use an email address. Only committers can
actually push to an Eclipse Git repo.

Does that make sense?

Wayne

Back to the top