You'd be surprised how many people at EclipseCon *do* attend talks about build tech. The one that Andrew O, Andrew N, and I did last year was packed.

As a starting point I've put together a Google Spreadsheet to tabulate the differences / overlaps.

http://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=t5wyKBLC4MNTjEElP2YHrfw

If you've been copied in this thread, I've invited you to edit the doc. If you don't have edit permission and would like it, give me your Google apps address (normally @gmail.com) and I'll add you.

Jason van Zyl wrote:
I was going to submit one on end-to-end development but I can submit one on Tycho specifically.

I don't know exactly the format of the room Sonatype gets so we can take it out of the normal program if you like.

I only say this because this will probably be a rather focused group and I'm not sure if 4 build talks are going to be overly popular with the general audience. If you want to make way for other technologies which might draw more people that would be cool with me and we can pick a day in the Sonatype room. The general ratio between developers and build & release folks is typically 50-100:1 in most organizations so you might not want to take up a disproportionate number of talks with build & release. We all know it's important but most people are not all that thrilled. For most build & release = snore.

On 2009-12-07, at 11:19 AM, Oisin Hurley wrote:

What are you thinking of for format? Panel discussion? BoF++?
Many-headed hydra-style tutorial?

If each approach was to submit a standard talk, it might be possible,
scheduling algorithm permitting, to schedule them in order, followed
up by a panel discussion at the end of the day, then a BoF-like
organism during the unconference evening?

--oh

Thanks,

Jason