[dash-dev] Build Death Match @ EclipseCon?

Would you guys like to participate in a showcase of the pros/cons of the three main technologies for building @ Eclipse: Athena/PDE, b3/Buckminster, Tycho/Maven?

Until all three converge, there will be benefits to each approach, and I think it might be useful to show people how they differ, what their histories are (PDE wrapper for on-server headless builds, workspace & target provisioning + headless building, using Maven/p2 repos for OSGi builds), and where they're headed.

I'm not sure the best format for such a discussion, but I think we would certainly want to present three technologies for producing the same build, and what each one nets you out of the box. We could look at something fairly simple, like GEF, then something fairly complex, like VE or ATF, or even one of the deep-chain Modeling builds with their long stacks of dependencies.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://nick.divbyzero.com

Back to the top