Re: [dali-dev] FW: Information about using/extending DALI functionality

Hello Dimiter,

We are actually planning on removing our custom DDL Generation functionality in favor of the support provided by the JPA runtime implementations for our next version (1.0).  We plan to integrate with the runtime support in a flexible way.  For 0.5, this functionality is not specifically designed for extension.

Entity generation from tables will continue to be supported in 1.0.  There are no extensions in place for entity generation at this time, but I would be interested in hearing what you would like to see in this area.

For the second question, for Dali 0.5, any information would be obtainable via WTP-RDB documentation or resources.  For Dali 1.0, this information would be obtainable via Eclipse DTP documentation or resources.

Neil

Dimitrov, Dimiter wrote:
Information about using/extending DALI functionality
Hello,

I want to ask about the possibility to use/extend functionality DDL Generation from Entities (Forward Engineering) as well as Entity generation from Tables (Reverse Engineering)

Is there some extension points designed for this purpose or there is some other mechanism.
My second question is where I can get information about the XMI describing the specific DB. For example how I should treat the colored tags(attributes)

 <redefinedDataTypeDefinitions xmi:id="BIGINT_1" keyConstraintSupported="true" identitySupported="true" primitiveType="BIGINT" jdbcEnumType="-5" javaClassName="long">

    <defaultValueTypes>NULL</defaultValueTypes>
    <name>BIGINT</name>
  </predefinedDataTypeDefinitions>

Regards,
Dimiter Dimitrov