From: Mark D Weitzel [mailto:weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:01 AM
To: Jason Losh
Cc: Charlie Halloran Jr; Merri Jensen; Tania N Makins
Subject: Re: FW: Question on sharing content

Jason,

Regarding the use cases, we've never incorporated anything as detailed and as documented as what you've got now. We have taken in use cases around the CMDBf, but that was by working with some of the CMDBf team.  I think we should reference/hyperlink to the more detailed use cases from our work.

As we approach code contributions, then we'll need to make sure that we follow the eclipse legal process and submit an ipzilla request for any material that we will be checking into CVS that originated outside of the developers, e.g. SDD schema.  These documents would need to have the copyright information inside of them, just like all of our java files etc...

-mw

p.s.  I copied cosmos-dev with this note so the rest of the team would be aware of the conversation and add any additional comments.

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

FW: Question on sharing content

Jason Losh

to:

Mark D Weitzel, Charlie Halloran Jr

01/28/08 06:09 PM

Tania N Makins, Merri Jensen

Hi,

We can use the OASIS material as long as it retains the OASIS copyright information.  I am open to suggestions about how best to present the use cases document as it is quite large and quite detailed.  These are the use cases that I believe need to be sorted under the higher level use cases/scenarios we're working on now.

Have you all incorporated use cases from other groups before?  If so, how did you do it?  Is there a pattern there I can follow or do I get to set the pattern? :-)

Cheers,
-Jason