[cosmos-dev] questions on new annontation code

Hi Joel,

I'm moving the discussion to the mailing list so it's more visible.

With the patch you sent me this morning, I was able to run the Example MDR with the new annotation code in OSGi environment.  That's good progress.  Thanks.

Now, I'm moving the code to the J2EE environment, and I'm getting two problems.

It first fails in the line right after printing "Pinging Muse to initialize the endpoint...", where it tries to get resource properties from service group.

[Fatal Error] :1:1031: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</HR>".
org.apache.muse.ws.addressing.soap.SoapFault: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</HR>".
        at org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:298)
        at org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:254)
        at org.apache.muse.ws.resource.remote.WsResourceClient.getResourcePropertyDocument(WsResourceClient.java:146)
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer.warmUpMuse(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:133)
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer.access$1(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer$2.run(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:72)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Here is the EPR it tries to use:
<wsa:EndpointReference xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    <wsa:Address>http://9.26.191.247:8080/org.eclipse.cosmos.example.mdr.web/services/Relationships</wsa:Address>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

It may have to do with the context name of the webapp.  The red part above.   I see this name in web.xml.  Is it also configured elsewhere?  Or do you think the problem is caused by something else?

The second failure is in line 84 of WSDMServiceInitializer.  I'm getting a NPE since ResourceRouter.getRouterInstance() is null.
Here is the stacktrace:
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer.launchWarmUpMuse(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer.access$0(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.cosmos.me.management.wsdm.web.WSDMServiceInitializer$1.run(WSDMServiceInitializer.java:48)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab