Re: [cosmos-dev] Oliver Action Item - Elevator Pitch

Hi Oliver,

Oliver E Cole wrote:
Are there specific items that you look to adopt? Or just "GroundWork is in the business of open source monitoring, so would use any and all good stuff that comes out of COSMOS and June is the first time that you could expect something"?
We at GroundWork would consider adopting any and all good stuff that comes out of COSMOS. The well-delineated interfaces of the components seem to lead to the kind of incremental adoption that we would find most compelling.

The Data Collection mechanisms look to be shaping up as strongly adoptable, and will have the extensibility that would allow us to employ them.

You mention "model elements" as a reason why the June release will be "deficient". Is the solidification of "model" elements a post June goal? (Bonus points if you can define what a model element is...).

I would have chosen the word "insufficient" rather than "deficient" as an adjective for the June release, and only as regards the "grayed out" parts of the architecture.

The "model elements" are the common model library definitions that are essential to multi-vendor interoperability. Absent use of a common set of model elements, SML's utility as a language for interoperable solutions will be limited. (I'm sure I will have to forfeit any bonus points here because of the juxtaposition of the sixth through eighth words of this paragraph!)

Thanks,
   Craig.

Back to the top