Re: [cobol-dev] COBOL ide development

Point well taken. My my point: is anybody trying to coordinate the existing open-source effort under the Eclipse umbrella? Has anybody contacted the companies working on them? These are small companies, so they would probably benefit from pooling resources and then being able to remove the competitive advantage that proprietary offerings from bigger companies have on the IDE.

Mike Milinkovich ha scritto:
At the risk of stating the obvious, if the project was hosted at
eclipse.org, it would be Eclipse-based. Projects hosted elsewhere can have
more degrees of freedom.

If there are Eclipse plug-ins hosted elsewhere that would be interested in
contributing code as a starting point, that would be great.

 >  Would such an IDE be eclipse-based?

Personally I'm not sure it's the best environment, particularly if one
wants to support fixed-format editing rather than free-format. However,
we should go with the approach that gets more people to contribute and
that minimizes the amount of work to be done. Which to my knowledge
means either an Eclipse or a Netbeans plug-in.

Dan Carter ha scritto:
I can't lead it but I sure would use it; Please keep me in the loop.
Would such an IDE be eclipse-based?  If so, maybe I can help.