Re: [cdt-dev] Is there interest in a rewritten managed build?

jan <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Is there added value to the Build variables? It looks like they are treated like standard variables to me.
> I think it is also confusing (which ones overwrite the others) So I'd like to dump them.
> Anyone knows a good reason not to do so?

We need to be able to contribute variables with configuration-dependent values. org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.macros.IConfigurationBuildMacroSupplier allows that, while org.eclipse.core.variables.IDynamicVariableResolver does not. (I don’t know if there would be any other ways.)

 -Christian

Back to the top