Re: [cdt-dev] Custom Source Highlight

Hi Julien,

you can add a custom annotation model (see org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationModel) to the annotation model of your document (if it is an instance of IAnnotationModelExtension, which it should be in the case of CEditor).

In your custom annotation model you can add annotations via addAnnotation, e.g. by overriding the connect(IDocument) method. You might also want to implement org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.IReconcilingStrategy so your custom annotation model is involved during reconciling.

CEditor is an AbstractDecoratedTextEditor which has a SourceViewerDecorationSupport (created in CEditor::getSourceViewerDecorationSupport) which has an AnnotationPainter.

You can add drawing strategies to the AnnotationPainter by calling AnnotationPainter::addDrawingStrategy(Object id, IDrawingStrategy strategy).

This drawing strategies are called for the annotations on your custom annotation model and can implement the drawing logic.

Best regards,

Dominic