Re: [cdt-dev] CMake plugins

Am Donnerstag, 9. November 2017, 20:36:03 CET schrieb Doug Schaefer:
> Well, the good news is that all we have today in the CDT is the Core Build
> integration and project templates. Plenty of room to expand and grow that
> in other areas, especially the editor. I look forward to all of your
> contributions and help.

Good news!
All original copyright holders of CmakeEd approved to change the license to
EPL. I will mail the approvals PM, if requested.

If eclipse.org is interested, how should we proceed?
If the license info in CmakeEd code will had been changed to EPL, would
eclipse.org provide
- code hosting,
- an issue tracker and
- CI build infrastructure?
Or would it be sufficient to eclipse.org to just have a reference in their EPP
composite update site that points to CmakeEd`s update site?
NOTE: CmakeEd roughly follows the releases cycles of cmake as they evolve
their language, which is about every 3-4 weeks currently. EPP cycles are much
longer.

I would prefer to NOT have CmakeEd under the CDT umbrella, my concerns are
that
- CmakeEd issues would get lost under the ~65k open issues under CDT
and IMHO more important,
- cmake itself is not tied to just C/C++. According to [1], cmake can generate
build scripts to compile at least eight source languages. I think it`s better
to have CmakeEd below some kind of 'Eclipse Source Editors' umbrella.

MfG,
	Martin

[1] <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24534384/what-are-the-possible-values-for-the-language-variable-in-cmake>