Re: [cdt-dev] Upcoming release dates (was CDT8.4 + 8.5 - all debug buttons become disabled)

On 04 Dec 2014, at 13:15, Derek Morris <dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> YOU mentioned an Exception. So why can't you debug it?
>
> Quote:
> "to be fair, there are two stack overflow exceptions, but they appear with each Eclipse start (this is another problem with Luna)."

Derek,

I don't see your point.

we are talking about the missing debug buttons bug. what is the relevance of debugging the stack overflow exceptions in this case, if you just mentioned you have a log file when the bug occurs and there are no exceptions logged?

---

some time ago I tried to trace the stack overflow exceptions, but execution reached some Eclipse classes that I had no sources installed, and could not get any conclusions.

as far as I remember, the exceptions occurred when one of the plug-in was activated, and apparently had to do with the structure of the plug-in, which was unusual.

---

I'll try to further investigate the stack overflow, but again, if you confirm you encountered the missing debug buttons without seeing any exceptions, until proven differently, I would keep the problems as two distinct bugs, and would suggest to focus on the missing debug buttons.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top