Re: [cdt-dev] Upcoming release dates (was CDT8.4 + 8.5 - all debug buttons become disabled)

On 03 Dec 2014, at 16:29, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CDT 8.7/9.0 schedule

it's good that we plan for CDT 9.0, but perhaps the developers of "Eclipse GDB Hardware Debug Core Plug-in" could take a look at the bug introduced in CDT 8.4, since it makes Eclipse Luna unusable for embedded projects:

> From: Derek Morris <dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT8.4 + 8.5 - all debug buttons become disabled
> Date: 16 Oct 2014 17:58:19 GMT+3
> To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Well, we don't use the GNU ARM Eclipse plugin, so it cannot be that. I am pretty convinced it is something in base CDT.
>
> It just happened to me, which I am debugging Eclipse+CDT. Any suggestions for what I should be looking for?
>
> It is reproducible, in that I can stop and restart and the buttons are still disabled (while debugging Eclipse+CDT)
>
> On 16 Oct 2014, at 15:29, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> There's been a discussion on the forum about this:
>> https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=rview&goto=1409249
>>
>> If someone can help troubleshoot it would be nice to get to the bottom of this.
>> I'm not familiar with the "GNU ARM Eclipse plug-in" so I don't know what it
>> does on top of CDT and if the problem would be in CDT or not.
>>
>> Normally, you wouldn't get *all* buttons grayed-out, the interrupt/pause button
>> should still be enabled when the others are not, and vice versa.  Getting everything
>> disabled could be caused by CDT believing we are doing a post-mortem debug
>> session.
>>
>> I can help someone debug the issue if it is reproducible.
>>
>> Marc

Back to the top