Re: [cdt-dev] Will CDT provide advanced features based on Reverse Debugging? E.g. Variable History

Chronon seems like post-execution program trace display if I understand the docs correctly from a quick glance. Very different to reverse debugging.

Ciao

PMac

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ??
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:51 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Will CDT provide advanced features based on Reverse Debugging? E.g. Variable History

Hi Guys:

     Will CDT provide any advanced features based on Reverse Debugging?

     I've been playing around the Chronon Time Travelling Debugger by Google and get excited with their brilliant features:

              - Variable History View   https://chronon.onconfluence.com/display/DOC/Variable+History+View

              - Method History View  https://chronon.onconfluence.com/display/DOC/Method+History+View

     The fact is that Chronon Time Travelling Debugger is a Java Debugger, and I'm curious if CDT would achi eve the similar thing with DSF or EDC.  I tried the reverse debugging with CDT 8 and found it quite basic,  it would be great if you guys provide some "History" information for Variables, Expressions, etc, which would be very helpful in detecting root cause of a program.

     I guess it is doable since the cornerstone is "Reverse Debugging" and you guys already have it. Do you have any plans?

    Thanks.

Xing Yun

Back to the top