[cdt-dev] Nokia version of GDB 7.2 for OS X and Eclipse

I am going to go out on a limb and ask here because I am not sure where else to ask and I know there are Nokia folks on this list.
   I use Eclipse for my Qt based Desktop apps in OS X. Debugging can be a pain due to the inability of OS X's version of gdb to "pretty print" the Qt variables, like QString. Gdb version 7 brings python based pretty printing which gdb can use to actually show nice variable values in the debugger. Ever once in a while I'll take a look at the state of NON-Apple gdb 7.x on OS X and there are always issues.
   Then Someone posted here a similar problem and posted a link to Nokia's experimental version of gdb 7.2 which has the python support. This is supposed to be used with QtCreator. I would like to use it with eclipse. I did the naive thing and just replaced the current gdb with the gdb from Nokia's download site and tried to run Eclipse's debugging which resulted in a bunch of errors and the application NOT launching at all.
  The first question is: Has anyone actually tried this combination in order to get better display of Qt based variables in Eclipse's debugger?

  Hints/solutions/comments are always nice. OR just a "Nope still doesn't work. Don't waste your time" is even better.

Thanks for helping.
Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
mike.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx              www.bluequartz.net

** This post is in no way here to debate the merits of Eclipse CDT vs QtCreator so let's not go there. ;-)

Back to the top