From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil (Philip) Mason
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:02 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Accessing a DSF service

Hello all,

I’m still working on adding symbol display to the traditional memory view and I’ve come up against (hopefully) one last issue. I’ve added the MI service commands and the matching output parser and I’ve created an MI service which is registered and I’ve added my service to GDBDebugServicesFactory.

What I’m not clear on is how to get at that service from the UI end. Do I have to register it in the session as part of GDBLaunch and then access that somehow? Basically I have a method getSymbols in the DSF service and I’m not clear how I go about creating an object which will let me call it. I feel like this should be easy but I can’t see the solution and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Phil

--

Phil Mason